Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

One day, a guy in my 7th grade class was having a birthday party. He was really "popular" and only invited a select few people to his party. I just happened to be good friends with a guy who was Mr. Popular's close friend, so I hung-out with them often. I remember wanting to get an invitation so bad. I had talked to Mr. Popular a few times and thought we got along pretty well as friends. Then, the moment I had been waiting for finally arrived and I received an invitation. I was ecstatic. Soon after I made plans to go to the party, I found out that the only reason I got an invite was because my close friend had begged Mr. Popular to let him bring me. I felt horrible. In the end, I didn't go to the party and my friendship with that crowd didn't last very long. I personally think that the worst feeling in the world is when a person is lead to believe one thing, only to find out later that whatever they were led to believe wasn't true all along.

2 comments: